Project Management Institute Great Lakes Chapter 2013 Spring Symposium
Advancing in the Resurgent Economy,
Friday, April 26, 2013
The "Advancing in a Resurgent Economy" theme recognizes the expectations on the global project management discipline to rapidly create business value by:
- embracing efficient practices,
- leading teams effectively to promote innovation
- delivering recognized value in the projects you lead.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN THIS YEAR’S EVENT?
PMPs earn 8 PDUs!
This year’s symposium experience will provide attendees leading projects and programs in today’s resurgent economy with the knowledge to answer the following questions:
- How should I professionally prepare in order to create efficiency while promoting innovation to generate the greatest business value possible with the projects I lead
- Which project management skills and techniques can I bring immediately to my teams today in order to increase the certainty of successful project outcomes
- Identify the most recognized project techniques used by today’s successful companies enabling me rapidly deliver value in terms my industry appreciates
- What does effective project management look like when combined with the right organizational culture? A project's external factors can have as much or more impact than the factors a project's internal team can control
- How do we embrace the opportunities economic recovery affords us as PMs as we seek resources including talent, ideas, and effective project managers
- Where should today’s employers locate effective PM talent
- Where should PM talent be looking for employers creating a culture embracing PM techniques to generate sustainable business growth
SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATION BENEFITS
|Great professional peer-to-peer networking opportunities||12 speaker presentations organized into three sessions for members to select the most relevant content meeting your own professional development interests.|
|Direct access to accomplished professionals leading the PM discipline||Poster presentations featuring project accomplishments of PMIGLC membership|
|Dynamic keynote speakers who are recognized leaders in PM practices||- Continental Breakfast
- Complete Lunch
|Learn more about the PMIGLC Chapter and opportunities to bring PM education, outreach, and programming into your own organization|
Morning Keynote - Mr. Neal Whitten, PMP"Behaviors that Lead to Exceptional Performance" - Neal is President of The Neal Whitten Group, is a popular speaker, trainer, consultant, mentor, and best-selling author in the areas of leadership, project management, and employee development. He has written over 100 articles for professional magazines and has authored 7 books. Neal's message will reveal leading edge, best-practice behaviors that will promote your professional and personal success… in any economy. As you strive to achieve your dreams, these behaviors can lay the foundation for your journey.
Afternoon Keynote - Mr. Jeff Dalton"Process Innovation at the Speed of Life" - Jeff is the President of Broadsword Solutions, a company driven to create organizational performance innovation by producing technology solutions delivering rapid value. He is Chairman of the SEI’s Partner Advisory Board and President of the Great Lakes Software Process Improvement Network. He is a recipient of the prestigious Software Engineering Institute’s SEI Member Award for Outstanding Representative for his work uniting the Agile and CMMI communities together through his popular blog “Ask the CMMI Appraiser.”
OPPORTUNITIES TO PARTICIPATE
Call for Poster Presenters
Let’s celebrate your work and achievements by presenting your successful project accomplishments. Submit your poster proposal to us today!
Is your organization interested in reaching out to 1,700 professionals and 500+ Symposium attendees at this year’s Symposium event and throughout the 2013? Our Symposium Team can ensure your message is communicated effectively and often by Submitting your sponsorship application today!